LOCAL INFORMATION MARCH 2020
Connections is based here, you can access help here for:
The library at Paignton also provides:
Legal surgery second thursday of every month 10.30-12.30
Code club for 9-13 year olds 1st and 3rd saturday of every month 10-12
Lego Club every saturday 10-12
Poetry club 1st saturday of each month 10-12
Adult carers are located on the 1st floor of the building
Healthwatch Torbay is also located here.
Cafe & shop located behind Paignton (Cafe is very cheap and provides wholesome good quality food)
Theatre offers a wide variety of courses including mindfulness, arts and crafts as well food hygiene and first aid.
They offer free counselling of up to 12 sessions
English as an additional language group run by Laurie Lane
They run ‘Listening courses’ to support people who want to become counsellors
They provide food parcels at xmas
They can enable people to access support from social services.
Eat That Frog
There are a number of provisions for 16-24 year olds which are accessed via the local authority
They have a community fridge -(wide range of food is available on a daily basis which is donated from local shops) families can access daily if need be. They do not need to be referred
Adult learning centre provides support with CV’s, applying for jobs etc
A number of clubs are held to increase social inclusion including lunch clubs as well as cookery clubs etc
This link will take you to the family information service – http://fis.torbay.gov.uk/
If you have money issues – contact the company, explain the situation and arrange to pay a small amount.
Link for Universal credit https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit
Local contact for Department for Work and Pensions [email protected]
Torbay Council – 208100
SOUTH WEST WATER – watersure 3 children in education, tax credits and child benefit – capped figure for the year.
- Paignton Community Larder, Christ Church, 102 Torquay Road, Paignton, TQ3 2AA (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10.00 – 14.00)
01803 551 866 or 07895 925 872 www.paigntoncommunitylarder.org.uk
- Riviera Life Church, 527 Babbacombe Road Torquay (Thurs, 10.00 – 14.00)
- Torquay Community Larder, Salvation Army, 29 Market Street, Torquay (Monday and Friday, 10.00 – 14.00)
- PATH, Central Church, 5 Tor Hill Road, Torquay (Daily, 14.00 – 20.00)
- Community Fridge @ The Pad, 89 Torquay Road, Paignton (Mon – Fri, 09.00 – 16.45). Mainly fresh chilled fruit, veg, bread, yoghurts. No referral, anyone can access; first come, first served. Also offer nutrition and budgeting skills courses
- Brixham Foodbank, Torbay Room, rear of Brixham Library (Mon, Wed & Fri, 14.00 – 16.00). Call 07873 164 211 – during opening times only
- Food Bank at the Edge, Bolton Street, Brixham (Mon – Fri, 11.00 – 17.00)
- Feed a Child Torbay (Hot meals during school holidays). Call: 01803 394 261
Assess the family. 2 therapists 2
Assessments, 3 home visits, therapeutic weekend.
For information on other community resources, click here